Reset connection settings to fix sign-in issues in Yahoo Messenger
Are you seeing a network or connection error when signing into Yahoo Messenger? Here's how to fix this issue.
Reset the connection settings on your PC
- Hold down the Windows + R key.
- This opens the "Run" command.
- Type in inetcpl.cpl and then click OK.
- This opens "Internet Properties.”
- Select the Connections tab.
- Click the LAN settings button.
- Take note of all checked settings on the settings page in case you need to restore them later.
- Deselect all of the boxes.
- Click OK to save the LAN Settings.
- Click OK to save the Internet Properties.
Reset the connection settings in Yahoo Messenger
- If you are signed in, click the Messenger | select Sign Out.
- Click Messenger | select Connection Preferences.
- Select Connect directly to the Internet.
- Click Apply and then OK.
After resetting your connection settings, sign in to Yahoo Messenger again. If you sign in successfully, this indicates an issue with your previous configuration. If you must use an advanced network configuration, reach out to your ISP or network administrator for further assistance.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.